We have a vision of allotments across BS15 providing fresh fruit, vegetables and salad to the community via the Community Kitchen and Community Larders.
Our aim is to provide opportunities for socialising, learning and encouraging integration and co-operation.
The Kingswood Allotments
We have just acquired our first plot of land behind the Holy Trinity Church Hall to transform into a community allotment and are looking for volunteers to help us get it up and running.
We would like to use raised planters on this plot to enable those who aren't as flexible as they used to be, or those with mobility issues, to enjoy the community allotment.
We would love to hear from any volunteers or donors who would be interested in:
- designing our first community allotment (more details below)
- maintaining the allotment
- building planters
- donating materials for planters
- donating gardening tools and equipment
- donating soil, compost, seeds and off-cuts
If you are interested in helping or would like to find out more, please submit your details below so we can start planning together!
Other ways to help
Please get in touch if you:
- would like to donate fruit, veg & salad to the Kingswood Kitchen from your own allotment or private garden
- would consider sharing your allotment to allow us additional space to grow more produce for the community
- know of any other available plots in BS15
- have experience in setting up a similar project and would like to share your knowledge
- have any ideas to help us grow and expand our Community Allotments project